Terms and Conditions – Quiz – Vision Express conference and exhibition
By entering this Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Promotional materials relating to this Competition, including all information as to how to enter, also form part of these terms and conditions. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between such promotional materials and the terms and conditions contained within this document, the terms contained within this document shall prevail.
Promoter: The promoter of this Competition is CooperVision Limited, a company registered in England under number 03685161 and having its registered office at Delta Park, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 5RL, United Kingdom (“CooperVision”). Tel: 0870 9000 055
Eligibility: Subject to the following paragraph, this Competition is open to all Vision Express staff, aged 18 or over, who attend the Vision Express conference and exhibition, which is taking place on Monday 9th May and Tuesday 10th May (“Vision Express Event”).
All directors, consultants, contractors and employees of CooperVision and its group of companies or members of such individuals’ immediate families are excluded from participating in this Competition and from benefiting from any prize, whether directly or indirectly.
A maximum of one entry per eligible person is permitted.
- There shall be 2 competition entry periods as follows: 3:00PM – 7:00PM BST on Monday 9th May; and 9:00AM – 1:00PM BST on Tuesday 10th May (each and collectively, “Competition Entry Period”).
- To enter for your chance to win the Prize (as more fully detailed in section 3 of these terms and conditions below), you will need to provide the correct answers to all of the questions on the Quiz Sheet (available at the CooperVision stand at the Vision Express Event) and supply your name, practice name and address, contact telephone number and email address.
Entries must be handed in to the CooperVision stand at the Vision Express Event within a Competition Entry Period. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected, as will any entries received outside of a Competition Entry Period. No purchase is necessary to take part in this Competition.
There will be 1 overall winner of the Prize, who shall be selected pursuant to section 4 of these terms and conditions below.
- The winner shall win a Hotel Chocolat “The Large Chocolatier's Table” RRP £100.00 (the “Prize”). The Prize is awarded on an “as is” basis and CooperVision makes no representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the Prize. Any queries relating to the use of the Prize should be directed to the manufacturer.
The Prize for this Competition is as stated above and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the Prize in whole or in part. If for any reason CooperVision is unable to award the Prize as described above, CooperVision reserves the right at its absolute discretion to award an alternative prize of similar value.
- Within 7 days of the end of the Competition Entry Periods, there will be a prize draw with 1 winner being selected at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries where every question on the Quiz Sheet has been answered correctly (“Winner”). In the event that no participant answers every question correctly, those participants with the equal highest number of correct answers will be entered into the prize draw.
- The Winner shall be notified within 2 weeks of being selected by the email address or at the practice they submitted on entry. The Winner must claim their Prize in accordance with the instructions in the email or letter notifying them of their win. If the email or letter to the Winner is returned as undeliverable, or the Winner fails to claim their Prize as instructed, CooperVision reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award their Prize to another participant. The Winner will receive their Prize by 11th July 2016, provided that they claim the Prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- By entering this Competition, you agree and consent to have your name, photograph and any other personal information featured in publicity materials relating to the Competition without further reference, payment or other compensation. This includes (but is not limited to) making your name as the competition winner, available on the CooperVision website at http://coopervision.co.uk/ and through CooperVision’s social media accounts on websites such as Facebook.
- CooperVision reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these terms and conditions or if any event or incident beyond the reasonable control of CooperVision could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Competition. Neither CooperVision nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the Prize in transit.
- To the maximum extent possible under applicable law, CooperVision will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the Prize, or for difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Competition. CooperVision will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit CooperVision's liability for death or personal injury or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner which, in CooperVision's reasonable determination, is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking or deception) may be rejected from the Competition at CooperVision's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Competition, CooperVision may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Competition as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- All of CooperVision’s decisions in relation to the Competition are final and CooperVision will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
- Each entrant must comply with their company’s policy regarding the acceptance of a gift or a prize.
- The competition, these terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising out of or in association with the Competition or these terms and conditions.