CooperVision shares fresh consumer insights and powerful patient testimonials to demonstrate how contact lenses can transform lives
Southampton, United Kingdom, 20th June 2018 — On Wednesday 20th June at The Rosewood Hotel, CooperVision hosted an educational evening for eye care professionals (ECPs) to demonstrate both the emotional benefits that contact lenses can deliver to patients, as well as the clinical benefits of fitting silicone hydrogel daily disposable contact lenses.
The keynote presentation by internationally renowned clinical scientist and educator, Dr. Kathy Dumbleton, included invaluable information carefully selected to help ECPs understand how a patient’s wearing experience can be improved with silicone hydrogel daily disposable contact lenses. Her presentation also featured a review of published clinical data on why silicone hydrogel is the material of choice, even in a daily modality.
In addition, CooperVision shared important findings from its recent large-scale consumer research project that highlighted the emotional benefits contact lenses can bring:
- 8 out of 10 contact lens wearers associate a sense of freedom, confidence or adventure with contact lenses*
- More than half of contact lens wearers felt that a whole new world had opened up to them when they first tried contact lenses*
- 8 out of 10 patients feel that having both contact lenses and glasses gives them the best of both worlds*
- 3 in 10 contact lens wearers agreed they lost confidence when wearing their glasses at school*
- 65% of contact lens wearers would definitely be more likely to recommend their optician if they told them they were suitable for contact lenses as well as glasses.*
These new insights were supported by a number of powerful patient testimonials which reinforced how ECPs can unlock the potential in their practice, their profession and with their patients through prescribing contact lenses as well as glasses.
At the end of the evening there was a CET-accredited discussion workshop with the opportunity to earn three CET points.
Senior Marketing Manager at CooperVision, Lara Drury, commented: "Our Unlock the Potential event in London was the perfect opportunity for ECPs to find out more about the benefits of prescribing silicone hydrogel daily disposable contact lenses for their patients. We were delighted to be able to share our most recent consumer insights and premiere a number of inspiring testimonials from real patients who have experienced the benefits for themselves."
A number of smaller roadshow events on the same theme will be taking place later in the year, providing further opportunities for ECPs to discover the potential in prescribing silicone hydrogel daily disposable contact lenses.
* Consumer Insights Study, 2018. Sample: 421 wearers (221 Glasses wearers + 200 Contact Lens Wearers).