Southampton, United Kingdom, May 24, 2012 – As part of their commitment to providing the most comfortable contact lens wearing experience, leading global contact lens manufacturer, CooperVision, has launched its Biofinity® Upgrade promotion.
Running until September 30, 2012, the promotion comes in to affect when a contact lens wearer upgrades from their current lenses1 to any of the lenses from the Biofinity family; Biofinity, Biofinity Toric or Biofinity Multifocal. On purchasing their first three months supply of Biofinity contact lenses, the wearer can not only look forward to comfortable contact lenses, but also a great night out; two free cinema tickets courtesy of CooperVision2.
Additionally, CooperVision is set to compensate each and every practitioner who fits one of their patients, upgrading them to a Biofinity lens1. As a token of CooperVision’s appreciation, the practitioner will receive an M&S voucher.
“It’s a very simple promotion, but also a very important one. The Biofinity family is a result of understanding the importance of all day comfort, and we want every contact lens wearer to have that ‘comfort’ experience, said Rob Healey, UK Marketing Manager at CooperVision. “Customers appreciate their practitioners’ advice, and if as a result they fit a Biofinity lens, why not compensate both. It’s a gesture of good will, and one we hope is received well.”
Research indicates that comfort and fit are the most important factor34. By fitting a Biofinity lens, patients will benefit from Aquaform® Comfort Science™5, technology incorporated to ensure lenses meet the most demanding of needs.
Visitors to this years’ BLCA6 will have the opportunity to learn firsthand about these benefits, and discover how the high water content, high oxygen transmissibility, low dehydration and low modulus results in a lens family that offers patients a comfortable, wettable and breathable contact lens-wearing experience.
For more information, please visit www.coopervision-upgrade.co.uk
1. Applicable to contact lens patients who are not currently wearers of Biofinity®, Biofinity® Toric or Biofinity ® Multifocal, or any other comfilcon A CooperVision product during the period commencing on 2nd April 2012 continuing up to and including 30th September 2012.
2. Vue cinema tickets. Full terms and conditions can be found at http://www.coopervision-upgrade.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.html
3. Source: GfK Contact Lens Consumer Panel
4. Kathy Dumbleton et al. Study from 4207 subjects 2008-2010
5. Aquaform Comfort Science creates a naturally hydrophilic lens that locks water within the lens, minimising dehydration, and stays moist without the need of wetting agents. The high wettability of the lens surface also resists deposits for less build-up and increases comfort. By incorporating longer siloxane chains, there is less silicone incorporated into the lens material. Less silicone creates a more flexible, low modulus lens that is soft and comfortable.
6. BCLA 2012 - International Convention Centre, Birmingham, 24 - 27 May. Stand 39.
CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE: COO), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. Dedicated to continually bringing a refreshing perspective to the contact lens experience for practitioners and patients, CooperVision specialises in lenses for astigmatism, presbyopia, and ocular dryness. The company routinely collaborates with eye-care professionals in the research and development of relevant products. CooperVision manufactures a full array of monthly, two-week, and daily disposable contact lenses featuring advanced materials and optics. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
CONTACT: Nick Wheywell
CONTACT DETAILS: 02380 828500