#VIEWFROMMYLENS – INSTAGRAM PROMOTION
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the CooperVision UK "#ViewFromMyLens" promotion (the "Promotion") and the monthly competitions conducted as part of the Promotion.
The promoter is CooperVision Manufacturing Limited ("CooperVision") whose registered office is at Delta Park, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RL.
If you have any queries about the Promotion or these Terms, then please contact us at email@example.com.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
- The Promotion will begin at or around 9 am on 1st June 2021 and close on or around 5 pm on 31st August 2021 (the "Promotion Period").
- The Promotion consists of three (3) monthly competitions during the Promotion Period. These competitions are referred to as "Monthly Competitions" in these Terms.
- The first Monthly Competition will begin at 9 am on 1st June 2021 and close on or around 5 pm on 30th June 2021 ("First Monthly Competition Period");
- The second Monthly Competition will begin at 9 am 1st July 2021 and close on or around 5 pm on 31st July 2021 ("Second Monthly Competition Period");
- The third Monthly Competition will begin at 9 am on 1st August 2021 and close on or around 5 pm on 31st August 2021("Third Monthly Competition Period").
The First Monthly Competition Period, Second Monthly Competition Period, and Third Monthly Competition Period are referred to as "Competition Periods" in these Terms.
- The Promotion and each Monthly Competition is open to all individuals who are:
- residents of the United Kingdom; and
- aged 18 years or over,at the time of entry into a Monthly Competition and are registered users of a valid Instagram account throughout the Promotion Period and otherwise until such time as the Winners of that Monthly Competition have been notified in accordance with these Terms.
- Each Monthly Competition is free to enter. No purchase necessary.
- The Promotion and each Monthly Competition is not open to employees, contractors, representatives, agents, officers, or directors of CooperVision, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with the Competition or to any of their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related.
- CooperVision reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any participant. CooperVision may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose before awarding any prize.
- Internet access, an Instagram account set to public (to allow CooperVision to view your entry and to permit direct messages from CooperVision), and an email address are required to enter each Monthly Competition.
- To enter a Monthly Competition, participants must:
- log into their Instagram account;
- follow @mylenslifeUK; and
- respond to a "call to action" post about the Monthly Competition, which will be posted by @mylenslifeUK during the Promotion Period (the "Post") by posting an image on their Instagram account which meets the requirements of the Post, tags @mylenslifeUK, and includes the hashtag #viewfrommylens (the "Entry"),during the Monthly Competition Period.
- Entries must be completed correctly and be received by CooperVision during the Monthly Competition Period to be eligible to win a Prize. All entries posted or received outside the Monthly Competition Period will not be included in that Monthly Competition. To be eligible to win a Prize, the participant must still be following @coopervisionuk and still have their Instagram account set to public, and still have their Entry on their Instagram account at the end of the Promotion Period.
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per Competition Period. Participants are not permitted to create multiple Instagram accounts for the purpose of the Promotion. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
- Participants must ensure that their Entry:
- is responsive to the Post;
- is their own original work and does not infringe any third party rights (including without limitation in copyright, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or any other intellectual property rights);
- does not refer to or compare competitor products;
- is not defamatory or disparaging about CooperVision, its products or any other people, products or companies;
- does not include any brands, logos, trade marks or branded products;
- is not violent, obscene or offensive;
- does not depict alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or illegal;
- is not sexually explicit or suggestive;
- is in compliance with the rules, policies and terms of service of the platform where the post is posted (i.e. Instagram) and all applicable laws, regulations and code rules (and would not place CooperVision in breach of any such rules, policies, terms of service or applicable laws, regulations and codes, as determined by CooperVision in its sole discretion); and
- is otherwise suitable for presentation in a public forum (as determined by CooperVision in its sole discretion).
- Entries which, in CooperVision's opinion may be deemed offensive, discriminatory, inappropriate, defamatory or which are unlawful or in breach of these Terms will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
- CooperVision may, in its sole discretion, require any participant to alter or remove their Entry or any content posted on their own Instagram account, feed or platform in connection with the Competition and the participant shall promptly comply with any such requirement.
- CooperVision reserves the right to disqualify any participant it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. CooperVision reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
- Participants are acting at their sole risk and are solely responsible for compliance with the rules, policies and terms of service of the platform where they are posting (i.e. Instagram).
- Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective (or which CooperVision cannot identify due to the removal of the participant's entry, the suspension or termination of the participant's Instagram account or their posts being filtered out of Instagram searches) will be disqualified.
- CooperVision accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion should be directed to CooperVision and not to Instagram.
- Neither this Promotion, nor any Monthly Competition, is in any way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Instagram. Instagram is completely released of all liability by each participant in this Competition. This Competition is subject to Instagram's terms of service, which can be found at: https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870?ref=dp.
- If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Promotion or any Monthly Competition, your request should be made in writing to CooperVision at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of the Winner
- After the end of each Competition Period, one (1) winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received during that Competition Period (and whose Entries have not been disqualified at the screening stage in accordance with these terms and conditions) (each a "Winner"). There will be three (3) Winners in total during the Promotion – one Winner for each Monthly Competition.
- If an Entry is not selected as a Winner for one Competition Period it will not be included in the judging for any subsequent Competition Period (Entries will not roll over).
- The Winners will be selected by a panel consisting of CooperVision staff and consultants and at least one (1) independent judge. The Winners will be the Entries, which, in the opinion of the judges best reflect the following criteria:
- Visual appeal - show us your freedom and how you see it;
- Inspirational power - make us want to see and experience your freedom with your contact lenses;
- Wow! Factor - the winning entry will excite us and be memorable.
- Winners will be selected, following the expiry of each Competition Period, on the last working day of the month.
- The Winners will be notified via a direct message on Instagram. This notification will ask the Winner to confirm their age and compliance with these Terms and include instructions on how the Winner can claim the Prize. Participants who have not won a Prize will not be notified.
- The Winner must respond to this notification within seven (7) days and provide a delivery address when requested in order to claim the Prize.
- In the event a Prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the Winner; the Winner cannot accept the Prize; the Winner is not eligible for the Prize or has not complied with these Terms, CooperVision will award the Prize to a replacement winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
- The Winners will each receive payment of twelve (12) months' worth of contact lenses to the maximum value of £600 (the "Prize").
- To redeem the Prize, the Winner will need to purchase their contact lenses from their opticians up to the maximum value of £600. Winners must retain their receipts and provide them, along with a rebate form, to Health Unlimited at CooperVision@unlimitedgroup.com before Health Unlimited will provide reimbursement under the Prize.
- CooperVision will not be responsible for any further costs/expenses associated with contact lenses (including any eye tests or fitting fees) – these shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- There is no cash or other prize alternative to the Prize, except in the event of circumstances outside CooperVision's reasonable control, where CooperVision reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a similar or alternative Prize of equivalent or greater value.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The name and county of the Winners and the Prizes won will (unless a Winner has objected on lawful grounds) be made available on receipt of a self-addressed pre-paid envelope received by CooperVision at Delta Park, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RL for sixty (60) days following the end of the Promotion Period. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting email@example.com. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
- By entering into a Monthly Competition, each participant agrees that CooperVision may publish, use, edit, alter and duplicate the Entry, including without limitation by reposting the Entry.
- Any Winner may be requested to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Competition, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and/or press purposes.
- Any decision of CooperVision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- CooperVision reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Promotion or any Monthly Competition and/or amend or alter these Terms in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
- If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Promotion or any Monthly Competition, these conditions will take precedence.
- CooperVision accepts no responsibility or liability for (a) any entries which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Promotion; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or (e) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Promotion or to download any materials in connection with the Promotion.
- CooperVision will award the Prize as described in these Terms. CooperVision's responsibility in relation to the Prize is limited to reimbursing certain costs, as set out in these Terms, associated with the Winners' choice of contact lenses only. CooperVision is not involved in any eye test, fitting, or any diagnosis, prescription, or advice given to any Winner and can accept no responsibility or liability for the acts or omissions of (a) any optician which the Winner chooses to visit in connection with their prescription, or (b) any retailer from which the Winner purchases their contact lenses. CooperVision accepts no responsibility in relation to (i) the Winner's use of the Prize or (ii) for any contact lenses manufactured by any other company which the Winner chooses to purchase and the costs (or part of the costs) of which the Winner claims as the Prize. However, this will not affect the Winner's normal statutory rights in respect of any CooperVision products purchased by the Winner.
- Any personal information supplied in connection with the Competition will be used, shared, and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice of CooperVision posted at https://coopervision.co.uk/viewfrommylens.
- The Competition and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts. Consumers in Scotland and Northern Ireland may additionally bring an action in their home courts.